Farm Hand / Cheesemaking Assistant
Vermont Shepherd is a family owned and operated sheep farm and dairy located in Westminster West, Vermont. We have been in operation for over 30 years milking our flock of 200 dairy sheep and making artisanal sheep and mixed milk cheeses. We are a 200 acre farm that practices rotational grazing with our sheep
- Comfortable working around animals
- High energy and able to keep physically active throughout the day
- Experienced in farming as well as cleaning and sanitation. Experience is a plus but we are willing to train the right person
This is a full time / seasonal position (35-40hrs a week) w/ flexibility. Job would be from the week of March 7th-September with the possibility to stay on and become a full time year round employee
- Farm chores including: feeding, pasturemaking, some milking, deliveries / milk pickups, tractor work haying, turning / spreading manure, working farmers’ markets
- Cheesemaking / sanitation: milking parlor washup, cheesemaking assistance, washup in cheesehouse
- Driver’s license and ability to drive manual pickup trucks
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Willing to work one weekend day / some holidays
Initial pay: $14.50 an hour for training with an increase once you are trained.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 802-387-4473. We look forward to hearing from you!